Highly experienced, hands-on Organisational, Learning, and Development professional. Specialist Leadership and Management Coach. Talented Sales and Sales Leadership Performance Coach/Trainer.
Since 2009 I have been working on assignment – leading, designing and delivering change and capability improvement projects for a multitude of organisations across the globe. My work has comprised of overlapping engagements typically lasting between one and three years. I am usually sponsored by the CEO (or similar) to take responsibility for building the next generation of leaders, managers, and customer-facing professionals within the company in support of its strategic ambitions. I have worked with companies of all sizes across all industries.
In addition to being a highly skilled and qualified advisor, coach and trainer I have significant experience in designing and implementing major learning and development programmes, delivering state-of-the-art learning solutions, and using multiple delivery methods to support capability and developmental outcomes at all levels.
Martin Percival, HR Director, Stepstone Solutions: “I have worked with Martin on a variety of assignments with both my current company and my previous organization. Martin has carried out a wide range of development activities for people based across the whole of Europe plus Asia Pacific during this period. Martin is very down to earth and tells it, as he sees it. He is prepared to take on board some very challenging projects that other development professionals might shy away from. His approach is to be very pragmatic and honest. He supports the development of staff using methodologies that really do work in your day to day working life, and can make a big difference, not only to the people themselves, but often, more importantly, their teams. Martin is a great sounding board, and he works well in an international context. He has a very broad background and will make a major difference in any organization.”
Before becoming a full-time Development Professional, I spent over 20 years in the technology industry ultimately as a Senior executive, leading large-scale sales and customer support teams providing complex projects into the corporate, government, educational and defence sectors.
- A talented and highly versatile, hands-on development professional and coach, capable of working at all levels within the organisation.
- Very experienced – completed over fifty OD/L&D projects involving the development of hundreds of Executives, Managers, and other professionals.
- Highly-collaborative, with excellent team-working skills developed over multiple projects and assignments.
- A global perspective with on-the-ground experience in over 20 countries worldwide – across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- An extremely skilled business professional with over 20 years of commercial experience working for some of the world’s most advanced technology companies.
- A proven entrepreneur, having completed the successful management buy-out of a multimillion-dollar company and grown a thriving business from start-up.
- Strong operational capabilities gained through completing multiple major projects globally.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with high-level proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Highly organised and disciplined. Strong project management skills,
- An inspirational communicator, presenter, trainer and facilitator
- An experienced and qualified Director, with sound commercial acumen
- Extremely technology literate and proficient in modern platforms and applications
- Multiple tertiary qualifications in business management, strategic planning, sales and marketing, people development, coaching and training
Unparalleled experience gained through delivering multiple projects and assignments across many industries, geographies and cultures:
Acronis (IT and Services), Attachmate (IT and Services), CapGemini (Consulting), Cement Australia (Construction), Compaq (IT and Services), Computacenter (IT and Services), Computershare (Financial services), Credit Suisse (Financial services), Dell Computers (IT and Services), Domino’s Pizza (FMCG), EBSCO (IT and Services), Embleton (Manufacturing), Emerson (Manufacturing),Fairfax Media (Media), Figleaves (Retail), Fletcher Building (Construction), Fuji Xerox (IT and services), GEON (Media), Hanna Instruments (Medical and Pharmaceutical), Hewlett-Packard (IT and services), Holcim ANZ (Construction), Howden Australia(Manufacturing), Imprint (Media), Intel Corporation (Manufacturing), IQPC Australia (Event management), John Lewis (Retail), Key Pharmaceuticals (Medical and Pharmaceutical), Komatsu/MTS (Mining Technology and Services), KPMG (Financial Services), Kyocera (IT and Services), Lloyds Plc (Financial Services), Lucsan Capital (FinTech), Metromix (Construction), Mine Site Technologies (Mining Technology and Services), Musgrave Wholesale (FMCG), NCR Corporation (IT and Services), Oniqua (Mining Technology and Services), Oracle (IT and Services), Pepsico (FMCG), Progress Software (IT and Services), Sentia Media (Media), StepStone (IT and Services), Sun Microsystems (IT and Services), Symbol/Motorola (IT and Services), Unisys (IT and Services), WACO Kwickform (Construction), Wyse Technology (IT and Services) and many others………..
Dan Porter – Head of Direct Sales, Fuji Xerox: “Many of my team have reported back that after a lifetime in business they have only met a few coach/advisors that are truly capable of helping them change the game. You are one of them. Over the time we have worked together you have enabled me to find more time, make more use of it make sure that the team functions better for it. Your style is often both confronting and honest but it is interwoven with wonderful insights gained through decades of seeing the same challenges play out in many organisations. Your deep immersion into our teams and in some instances our lives ensures that our sessions are relevant and topical.“
What do my clients say?
Click here for a list of testimonials and references
t:+61 (0) 414 800 425 e:firstname.lastname@example.org